There is a science to resume writing and we are experts. A typical hiring manager spends only 60 seconds reading a resume (no joke). Thus, your resume needs to be concise, skim-able, and easy to read. We have clear rules and guidelines for our resume writers in order to ensure quality.
These guidelines include:
- Only producing 1 page resumes
- Utilizing Times New Roman or Calibri font because it has been shown in scientific studies to be the most legible font for most people
- Using 11 or 12 point font
- Studies have shown people don’t read paragraphs but they do read bullet points. Hence, our resumes incorporate bullet points instead of paragraphs.
- The name of the company, your position, and job description is more important than your dates of employment. Consequently, our resumes focus on the former by putting them on the left side of the resume, bolded, in bullets, or italicized for emphasis.
- We divide our resumes into sections separated by lines to ensure that the hiring manager can easily find important information.
- All final versions resumes are reviewed by 2 resume writers before being sent out for quality control purposes.
- We do not include more than 4 jobs or 7 years of work experience on a resume (it makes the client look like he or she jumps from one job to another) unless it is absolutely essential.
- Do not include high school education on resume unless you are under 20 years old and have not attended college
This is the worst job market in recent memory and our clients expect us to give them a competitive edge with a great resume.