Frequently Asked Questions
How long should a resume be?
Should I tell the hiring manager that I hired a resume writer, job interview coach, or career counselor?
Do I really need a cover letter?
Do I really need a thank you letter?
SOS Career serves job applicants in which industries?
The SOS Career Service has helped job applicants in many industries, including:
- Information Technology, Computers and Engineering
- Finance and Accounting
- Marketing, Sales and Communications
- Nonprofit Management
- Operations Management
- Human Resources and Counseling
- Administration and Secretarial
- And many, many, more!
We have also helped applicants interviewing for graduate and professional school but that requires extra preparation. Please call us at 1-800-212-2670 to find out more.
What is a Multiple Mini Interview (MMI)? How can I prepare for one?
Multiple Mini Interview is a relatively new interview technique frequently used in medical school admissions and investment banking. The technique was pioneered at McMaster University but is now used at other schools and businesses. This interview style uses many short independent assessments, normally in a timed circuit, to get an aggregate score of each candidate’s soft skills.
We have experience helping applicants to prepare for MMI interviews through interview coaching.
Please call us at 1-800-212-2670 to find out more.
What types of clients has SOS Career Service helped in the past?
Interview SOS career coaches have helped applicants with many different backgrounds get jobs. Past clients have included:
- Experienced professionals seeking new employment opportunities in their field
- Career changers entering a new field in midlife
- Recent high school and college graduates seeking a first job
- Former retirees and housewives reentering the job market
- Unemployed workers trying to improve their chances of getting a job
We also have some experience helping candidates with special situations such as:
- English as a Second Language
What happened to Cheryl?
How will I receive my resume, cover letter or thank you letter?